Jay Eisenberg provides his clients with much more than sound trust and estate planning services. His 25+ years of advising clients have given him a great understanding of family dynamics, enabling him to offer a personalized, unique assessment based upon each family's specific needs. Jay is able to anticipate potential issues and friction points among heirs and identify solutions before problems arise. Applying his vast experience to ever-changing tax and retirement laws, he collaboratively crafts plans which provide his clients with peace of mind.
With his legal focus exclusively on planning for the future, Jay excels in the area of sophisticated trust and estate planning, using proven techniques to minimize estate and gift taxes and assist with transitioning wealth to the next generation. He has significant experience in the use of charitable entities to minimize income and estate taxes.
In the corporate arena, Jay has extensive experience in business succession planning and asset protection. He works with clients to develop and implement an effective plan to transition ownership to partners, family members or key employees.
At Shulman Rogers, Jay leads the Firm's Trusts and Estates Department and serves on the Firm's Board of Directors. In the legal community, he chairs the Estates and Trusts section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland and serves on the Section Council of the Maryland State Bar Association's Trusts and Estates Section. Through the years, Jay has chaired the Planned Giving Committee of the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, and served on the Board of Directors of Montgomery Hospice and the American Red Cross - National Capital Chapter.
Jay was recently invited to The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a national organization that elects lawyers to membership who demonstrate the highest level of integrity, commitment to the profession, competence and experience as trust and estate counselors. ACTEC has a limited membership of 2,600 lawyers nationwide, with less than 50 Maryland attorneys receiving the recognition.
Recognized by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the top 1% of estate planning attorneys in the MD/DC/VA area, Jay lectures extensively on estate and trust planning issues for the World Bank, the American Red Cross, Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Suburban Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sun Trust Bank, Merrill Lynch and other select institutions. He has also published various articles on estate planning issues, including Revocable Trust or Will - A Streamlined Choice.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2017 Best Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Maryland and Washington DC Super Lawyers Listings
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Washingtonian Top Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Best Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Best Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Jay Eisenberg quoted in Bethesda Magazine
- Revocable Trust or Will -- A Streamlined Choice
- Trust and Estate Lunch Presentation
November 15, 2012
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Lecturer, Estate and Trust Planning Issues, American Red Cross, Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Suburban Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sun Trust Bank, Merrill Lynch, and Other Select Institutions
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Estates and Trusts Section, Chair
- Suburban Hospital Planned Giving Committee, Member
- Montgomery Hospice, Past Member, Board of Directors
- American Red Cross National Capital Chapter, Past Board Member
- Hebrew Home of Greater Washington Steering Committee, Past Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Estate and Trusts Section, Member
- Alpha Epsilon Pi