Commercial real estate clients rely on Helena Lopez because they trust her, consider her a valued member of their deal team and integral to the overall success of their lease negotiations. Clients often mention her persistence, significant attention to detail and her ability to manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
Helena’s practice concentrates on all aspects of commercial leasing. She has substantial experience representing commercial landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail and industrial properties nationwide. Because Helena represents both landlords and tenants, she understands what is important to each party and is able to get deals done more quickly and efficiently. Her leasing practice includes the negotiation and drafting of leases, subleases, guaranty agreements, non-disturbance agreements, brokerage agreements, and related documents.
- Represent owner of multi-building complex in leasing office space ranging from 5,000 square feet to 164,000 square feet.
- Represent national retailer in connection with reorganization and sale of company, including the assignment of more than 50 leases.
- Represent tenant in leasing more than 70,000 square feet of build-to-suit office space.
- Represent owner in leasing over 1,000,000 square feet of land and a 58,000 square foot building.
- Represent owners of multiple shopping centers and large mixed-use developments.
- Represent owner of medical complex in leasing medical offices.
- Represent property owner in sale and leaseback of car dealership.
- Represent national tenant in leasing numerous retail locations.
- Represent franchisee in leasing several restaurant locations.
- Represent startup tenants in leasing retail and office spaces.
- Represent both building owners and childcare providers in leasing childcare facilities.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD
- Maryland State Bar Association