Hospitality Law Group Serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC
Shulman Rogers' Hospitality Practice Group not only offer great legal advice, we offer business consultation and develop strategies to get the deal done. From determining appropriate performance standard clauses such as RevPAR and net income level of profitability to negotiating appropriate management and incentive fees, we know your business and the critical market terms that affect your capital flow.
Our representation includes all phases of the hospitality business, from strategic planning, due diligence, structuring, negotiating and final consummation to implementation and renegotiation. Our industry focus and experience enables us to provide first-class services to our clients in connection with their local and international investments and operations.
We represent the following:
Types of transactions:
- Portfolio acquisitions and sales
- Opportunity identification
- Deal structuring and negotiation
- Like kind exchanges
- Note purchase transactions
- Transfer tax structuring
Financing and related services:
- Structured financing
- Mezzanine financing
- Private placement
- Tax planning and tax appeal
- Restructuring and workouts
- Fund formation
Development, operational and asset management related services:
- Zoning and land use
- Construction contracts
- Management agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Service contracts
- Liquor licensing
- Restaurant leases and management agreements
- Landlord-tenant matters
- Intellectual property
- Tax planning
- Tax appeals
- Purchase and financing throughout the U.S. of urban and suburban full service flagged and boutique hotels ranging in room size from 20 to 625.
- Purchase and financing throughout the U.S. of limited service and extended stay hotels, including portfolios of properties.
- Conversion of full service, limited service and extended stay hotels to other franchises.
- Sale of full service, limited service and extended stay hotels and land sites.
- Land acquisition, development, construction, management and financing of individual and portfolios of all-suite, full service, limited service and extended stay hotels.
- Lender representation of acquisition or refinance transactions on full service, limited service, extended stay and mixed use projects.
- Lender representation in (i) obtaining court appointed receivers to manage and run projects after loan defaults, and (ii) foreclosures of numerous hotels, including the transfer of licenses and permits to Lender Subsidiaries.
- Workouts and restructuring of hotel loans, management agreements and franchise agreements.
- Negotiation of management agreements for all levels of hotels throughout the U.S. on behalf of owner and third-party management company clients.
- Negotiation of franchise agreements for all levels of hotels throughout the U.S. on behalf of franchisee and franchisor clients.