Key Client Value: Has the experience and judgment to fight the fights that matter for clients, and to resolve the problems that can be avoided with a cost-efficient, practical approach.
- Successfully defended an employer in a jury trial brought by the EEOC, where the EEOC claimed that a former employee was subject to a sexually and racially hostile environment. After a 7 day trial, the jury found in favor of Ms. Campbell's client and denied the EEOC's claims.
- Investigated allegation of workplace harassment and advised client on how to avoid future liability.
- Represented management in a successful campaign to defeat a union election.
- Persuaded the Department of Labor (DOL) to significantly reduce fines and settlement obligations assessed in connection with an FLSA audit.
- Successfully defeated harassment allegation on summary judgment that was affirmed on appeal to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Key Client Value: Zealously represents her clients' interests and secures the best possible outcome through negotiation or litigation.
Key Client Value: Uses her litigation background to anticipate potential problems in real estate transactions, and addresses them before they cause undue delay or expense.
Key Client Value: Uses her legal acumen and creativity to aggressively develop dispute resolution strategies tailored to meet her client's specific situation and goals.
- Representation of 50% owner of limited liability company owning $50 million Washington, D.C. office building in dispute concerning sale of property.
- Representation of large minority partner in litigation and pre-litigation disputes concerning various real estate partnerships owning shopping mall, residential apartment complexes, and raw land in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Representation of real estate developer in litigation and various other matters over his interest in $106 million office building and contiguous property located in Washington metropolitan area.
- Representation of sports league in litigation in Federal court in Nevada concerning the design and acquisition of a rocket-powered airplane.
- Representation of software development company in Federal lawsuit against former officer, director, and employee concerning ownership of the company's intellectual property.
- Representation of leading solar energy company in Federal lawsuit against former business partner concerning the former partner's breaches of a reseller agreement.
- Representation of regional fuel distributor against operator for breach of supply agreement.
- Representation of mortgage broker in enforcing restrictions covenants against former employees.
- Representation of carpet cleaning company in arbitration concerning breach of asset purchase agreement.
- Representation of trust beneficiary in seeking removal of Trustees suspected of fraudulent and conflicted actions.
- Representation of former trustee and power of attorney in dispute with family members regarding administration of trust and actions as healthcare power of attorney for incapacitated parent.
- Representation of estate beneficiaries in seeking redress for undue influence and suspected elder abuse of incapacitated parent.
Key Client Value: Provides significant depth of knowledge and the ability to craft a winning strategy for any telecommunications related situation, from nationwide wireless clients to smaller rural area wireless clients, public safety licensees, and municipalities before the FCC.
Key Client Value: Secures the best possible outcome in negotiation or litigation by aggressively crafting the best strategies for her clients.
Key Client Value: Helps entrepreneurs and corporate executives effectively structure, finance, and scale their ventures, taking the time to understand each company’s immediate and long-term business goals.
- Blockchain Technology & Smart Contracts
- Business and Financial Services
- Business Planning
- Entity Formation
- Finance/Capital Markets
- Financial Regulatory and Compliance Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shulman Rogers NEXT
- Start-Ups and Emerging Growth Companies
- Technology Transactions
- Token Sales
Key Client Value: Uses her extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants to craft solutions and alternatives to get the deal done efficiently and effectively.
- Represent owner of multi-building complex in leasing office space ranging from 5,000 square feet to 164,000 square feet.
- Represent national retailer in connection with reorganization and sale of company, including the assignment of more than 50 leases.
- Represent tenant in leasing more than 70,000 square feet of build-to-suit office space.
- Represent owner in leasing over 1,000,000 square feet of land and a 58,000 square foot building.
- Represent owners of multiple shopping centers and large mixed-use developments.
- Represent owner of medical complex in leasing medical offices.
- Represent property owner in sale and leaseback of car dealership.
- Represent national tenant in leasing numerous retail locations.
- Represent franchisee in leasing several restaurant locations.
- Represent startup tenants in leasing retail and office spaces.
Key Client Value: Brings a passion for the intersection of business and the law to help start-ups and established organizations meet their business goals.
Key Client Value: Listens to her client's specific concerns and issues and then tailors strategies to successfully meet their individual goals.
Key Client Value: Effectively uses deep experience with social workers, nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists to help clients successfully resolve contentious custody and visitation matters.
Key Client Value: Provides winning solutions to business, fiduciary and personal disputes; excels at finding “needle in the haystack” case law, clear and cogent written and oral advocacy and on-point communications with client, opposing counsel and court to fast-track an economical resolution. Understands that each client’s case is the most important case.
Key Client Value: Focuses her practice on complex domestic relations and family law matters, including divorce, child custody and visitation, child and spousal support and property distribution.
Key Client Value: Treats every client matter as though it is her own, adding value through meaningful market intelligence and introductions.
Key Client Value: Provides clients with efficient and creative representation at all stages of the litigation process, achieving the best possible outcome on their behalf.
Key Client Value: Builds trust and relationships with elected officials, staff, community leaders, professional consultants and other attorneys to cost-effectively and creatively problem solve.
Key Client Value: Evaluates client needs and priorities to deliver optimal results, deploying a diverse arsenal of approaches as the situation requires.
Key Client Value: Quickly gets to the heart of a matter, regardless of the size or complexity of a case, to achieve the best possible solution for her clients.
- Representing investment advisor accused of attempting to defraud TARP of in excess of $13 million.
- Secured a deferred prosecution agreement for one of the nation’s most prominent plaintiffs’ securities class action law firms in connection with seven years-long grand jury investigation related to approximately $11.3 million in alleged kickbacks to lead plaintiffs.
- Achieved global resolution of criminal charges and private lawsuits against the former CEO of United Way for the National Capital Region accused of embezzling approximately $500,000.
- Negotiated favorable plea agreement, SEC settlement, and conclusion of Congressional inquiry into key defendant in Enron investigation.
- Persuaded SEC to close investigation of trader accused of using power market swaps to manipulate corporate earnings without any negative action against trader.
- Supervised internal investigation of major university and concluded that whistleblower’s allegations of fraud and discrimination had no basis, while making recommendations for stronger internal controls.